How the American Roots Music Summer Concert Series Got Started
The Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia has always known that visitors greatly enjoy the occasional Roots fiddler, banjoist, or guitarist. After all, music is very much a part of early American cultural history.
But how to reach more people with this music? That’s when the American Roots Music Summer Concert Series came to life four years ago.
Now, every Sunday evening in August from 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m., the Museum sets up their pavilion with tables and chairs for a casual dinner theater-like experience. And music lovers toe-tap, dance, and enjoy the music America was built upon.
American Roots Music Series Focuses on Music and Good Food
The goal of the American Roots Music series is to expose the public to all different types of Roots heritage music, to let them hear where it came from, and to simply enjoy themselves! (No problem there).
Food vendors are available, or you can bring your own picnic supper and a lawn chair if you want to spread out a bit.
When you’re listening to American Roots Music, you’re not just having a good time, you’re watching–and participating–in living history.
So, sit down and enjoy good food. Then get up and dance! Enjoy a Sunday evening of music and good food with your family!
It’s an intimate crowd of about 300, so make some new friends, too.
Seating is limited, so please don’t delay.
The American Roots Music Summer Concert Series 2018 Schedule
THE MUSIC: Four Great Dinner-Concerts in 2018
- Aug 05 – Parker & Gray–Blues and Soul
- Aug 12 – TBD
- Aug 19 – Bud’s Collective–Traditional bluegrass
- Aug 26 – Amber Kalber & Branch House–Appalachian Roots but with a contemporary flair
WHEN: Sunday evenings throughout August. 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
WHERE: Lee S. Cochran Pavilion at the Frontier Culture Museum
- Annual Pass Holders: FREE
- Adults: $12.00
- Kids (6-12): $7.00
- Kids (under 6) $0.00
- All tickets also provide access to the Museum for the entire day. Come early and enjoy Living History at all of the Museum’s exhibits.
FOOD & BEVERAGES: A variety of vendors will be onsite. Bring the entire family for dinner and enjoy great music at the Pavilion.
SOUND: By Brandon Burkholder
- Rain or shine – Everything will be under the Pavilion so weather won’t affect the event!
- Seating for each concert is limited to 350 people.
- Annual Pass Holders: Call the Welcome Center at 540-332-7850 to reserve your FREE concert tickets today BEFORE concerts are sold out!
Get your Annual Pass Today and Save